SANDY L. AGUIRRE
CANDIDATE FOR DISTRICT 209 SCHOOL BOARD
[Sandy L. Aguirre has not submitted answers to the Activist Toolkit questionnaire.]
• • • • •
1. What motivates you to seek this office? What skills, experiences, and perspectives would you bring to the School Board, and why would those contributions be valuable to District 209?
2. What are District 209’s greatest strengths? What are its greatest challenges? What is your vision for District 209?
3. What does transparency in government mean to you? Give one example of an action you would take as Board Member reflecting your views on this topic. How would you evaluate the Village’s record on transparency?
4. What steps will you take to enhance community engagement with the District and the School Board? What is your view on how local elected officials should communicate with and respond to constituents?
5. In what ways have you sought to better know and understand the experiences, concerns and needs of residents outside your demographic group?
6. If you could create a brand new public high school district from scratch, what would it look like?
7. How should the District assess its policies and progress with respect to special needs and the achievement gap? As a Board Member, what metrics will you use to determine whether the District is succeeding?
8. What have been your most useful sources of information about secondary education? Have you found any research to be particularly informative?
9. How will you balance the community's desire to decrease the property tax burden with District stakeholders’ desire to have a school district that effectively serves all students?
10. In what ways can District 209 collaborate with District 91 and other pre-secondary school districts to more adequately prepare students for the transition to high school?
11. Early this year the School Board approved an extensive new master facilities plan for an estimated $77 million in improvements at all three high schools. What tradeoffs do you see for a facilities investment of this magnitude? Are there instances where the Board should have gone further?
12. Please list the three largest donors to your campaign by dollar amount contributed.
Chicago Federation of Labor endorsement (PDF 3/10/19)
D209 challenger touts unity, resources for all students (Forest Park Review 1/29/19)
• • • • •
Claims pile up in D209 board race (Forest Park Review 3/26/19)
State data outlines financial state of D209 campaigns (Forest Park Review 3/5/19)
D209 candidates file (Forest Park Review 12/18/18)