candidate for 2019 River Forest Park District Board
[James Hopkinson has not submitted answers to the Activist Toolkit questionnaire.]
• • • • •
1. What motivates you to seek this office? What skills, experiences, and perspectives would you bring to the Board of Trustees, and why would those contributions be valuable to the River Forest Public Library?
2. What steps will you take to improve and expand community engagement with the Library and the Board? What is your view on how local elected officials should communicate with and respond to constituents?
3. In what ways have you sought to better know and understand the concerns and needs of residents outside your demographic group (specifically the demographic groups of race, religion, ability, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic status)?
4. What do you hope to accomplish as a member of the Library Board?
5. What do you see as the most important duties of a River Forest Library Trustee?
6. In what ways are libraries are about more than books?
7. What three things can the River Forest Library do to increase usage by middle school age ( i.e. , age 10-14) residents?
8. How do you keep abreast of changes in library trends?
9. With libraries adapting to the changing needs of their communities, what have you done (and/or what will you do) to ensure that the River Forest library is providing value to the River Forest community?
10. Please list the three largest donors to your campaign by dollar amount contributed.
League of Women Voters River Forest Library Board Forum (YouTube 3/1/19)
River Forest candidates face contested elections in April races (Forest Leaves 12/18/18)